Enjoying a good steak is one of my favorite parts of keto, but living in the Midwest means cooking a steak on the grill is not always possible.
For those days when you can’t control the weather, use this perfect pan seared steak recipe so you can still enjoy a delicious dinner.
- 16oz strip steak
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Dry brine your steak by putting a generous coat of salt on both sides of your steak and placing it on your plate in the refrigerator. Let it rest overnight ( or at least a few hours before cooking)
- The next day, 90 minutes before you want to eat, rinse the salt off your steak and pat dry
- Rub both sides with garlic and pepper to taste
- Put your steak in the freezer uncovered for 30-40 minutes. Elevate if possible.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees
- When your freezer time is up let your cast iron skillet get scorching hot for 3-5 minutes and turn your exhaust fan on.
- Add just enough ghee to coat the iron skillet.
- Pull your steak out of the freezer and use tongs to sear each side of your steak for 1 minute
- Once your steak is done searing, pull it off the hot burner, lift it and place 3 sprigs of rosemary on the bottom of the pan and a dollop of ghee on top.
- Place in the preheated oven for 25 minutes
- Pull your steak out of the oven and probe with a thermometer to check if it is at least 135 degrees
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Calories: 472 Fat: 20g Protein: 73g Carbs: 0g